LogicInk in San Francisco, CA is looking to fill an onsite internship position to support the development and manufacture of next generation molecular tests. Using a multi-disciplinary approach that combines, biology, chemistry, and materials science, LogicInk is developing ground-breaking consumer-facing biosensors, called LogicInk Signals, that blend into our daily lives by empowering us with information to help improve our health and wellness – from molecular tests that detect a pathogen of interest, to UV overexposure and the particles in the air we breathe, to the diverse microbiome that permeates our skin through the surfaces we touch. The LogicInk Onsite Research Intern will be part of a rich intellectual and collaborative environment, located at the MBC BioLabs biotech incubator (formerly QB3@953), and with additional access to UCSF’s Mission Bay Campus core facilities nearby.
The successful candidate will be passionate about exploring new fields, enjoy working on challenging projects, and being in a dynamic idea-exchanging environment.
What you will be doing:
- Work closely with the senior scientists to research, develop, and scale novel analyte sensing chemistries for LogicInk’s biosensor platform.
- Analyze data and summarize findings in reports presented to R&D team.
- Optimize sensor performance for sensitivity ranges, analyte selectivity, and quick readout.
- Conduct ongoing shelf life testing to validate sensor performance over time.
- Design and execute protocols and experiments, maintaining clear traceability of work.
- Handle paperwork on product validation and quality control.
What you will bring:
- 2-4 years of course-work towards a B.S. or B.A.in Molecular Biology, Chemical Biology, Bioengineering, Biochemistry, Chemistry, or equivalent field, and course or project work in data science.
- Conducted research either in an academic lab or professional lab. Beyond-the-classroom experience in cell and molecular biology techniques such as: PCR, primer design, cloning, and DNA isolation.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
You will stand out if:
- You have experience working areas such as DNA nanotechnology, cell-free enzyme-based assays, DNA sequence analysis, automated liquid handling and sensitive quantitative techniques such as qPCR and ELISA.
- Independent problem solving skills, which require original thinking and deductive reasoning.
- Exceptional data reporting, multitasking skills, and the ability to function effectively within a dynamic interdisciplinary environment.
- Enjoy working in an exciting small team environment, and be able to work under deadlines. Be a proven team player with outstanding communication and networking skills.
Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
LogicInk is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.