LogicInk (http://logic.ink) in San Francisco, CA is looking for a Research Associate interested in supporting the development and manufacture of next generation wearable sensors. This is a contract-to-hire position. Using a multi-disciplinary approach that combines, biology, chemistry, and materials science, LogicInk is developing biochemical signals that are integrated into temporary wearables or other form factors to increase your knowledge about your health and wellness – from UV overexposure and particles in the air we breathe, to the diverse microbiome that permeates our skin through the surfaces we touch.
The Research Associate will be part of a rich intellectual and collaborative environment, located at the MBC BioLabs biotech incubator (formerly QB3@953), and with additional access to UCSF’s Mission Bay Campus core facilities nearby.
The successful candidate will be passionate about exploring new fields, enjoy working on challenging projects, and being in a dynamic idea-exchanging environment.
What you will be doing:
- Work closely with the senior scientists to research, develop, and scale novel analyte sensing chemistries for LogicInk’s biosensor platform
- Analyze data and summarize findings in reports presented to R&D team
- Optimize sensor performance for sensitivity ranges, analyte selectivity, and quick readout
- Conduct ongoing shelf life testing to validate sensor performance over time
- Oversee and implement solutions for manufacturing processes at off-site facility
- Design and execute protocols and experiments, maintaining clear traceability of work
- Handle paperwork on product validation and quality control
What you will bring:
- BS or MS in biochemistry, chemistry, bioengineering or related field
- 2+ years of hands-on research experience
- Experience with formulation, printing techniques, biochemistry, and/or biosensor development
- Experience with common analytical tools and instrumentation (UV-Vis, FT-IR, pH meter)
- A proven ability to execute experiments safely and accurately
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
You will stand out if:
- You have experience in assay development, especially colorimetric
- You have experience in printing techniques (inkjet, flexographic, 3D) and process engineering
- You have prior start-up experience and have the ability to quickly adapt in fast-paced and ever-changing environments