Senior Biosensor Scientist
LogicInk is looking for an exceptional Senior Biosensor Scientist interested in helping design and create a wellbeing sensor platform. Using a multi-disciplinary approach that combines, biology, chemistry, and materials science, LogicInk is developing bio- chemical signals that are integrated into temporary wearables or other form factors to increase your knowledge about your health and wellness – from UV overexposure and particles in the air we breathe, to the diverse microbiome that permeates our skin through the surfaces we touch.
The Senior Biosensor Scientist will be part of a rich intellectual environment, located at the MBC BioLabs biotech incubator (previously QB3@953), and with additional access to nearby UCSF’s Mission Bay Campus core facilities.
The successful candidate will be passionate about exploring new fields, enjoy inventing or integrating novel sensors into different form factors, working in a collaborative environment, and be interested in all aspects of prototyping and bringing deep tech enabled consumer products to market.
What you will be doing:
- Design and execute experimental procedures to develop sensor chemistries and validate sensor performance.
- Troubleshoot and optimize experiments, with accuracy and attention to detail, to ensure high-quality data is obtained.
- Integrate of our proprietary molecular machines into consumer facing sensor applications
- Contribute to portfolio of intellectual property
- Work with a world class multidisciplinary team of scientists, physicists and engineers
- Willing to lead when needed entire projects focused on new biosensor development, with continued growth opportunities as the company scales and develops its biosensor pipeline
What you will bring:
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, chemistry, bioengineering, or a related field.
- A strong background in DNA nanotechnology and nucleic acid amplification tests.
- A methodical approach to problem solving, including strict lab management practices and testing protocols.
- Prior scientific accomplishment with several peer-reviewed publications
- Prior fellowships/grants and experience in writing grants
- Exceptional proficiency in English communication (both written and oral) and technical writing
You will stand out if:
- You have a strong background in cell free enzyme engineering and synthetic biology
- You have experience in transitioning from rapid iteration prototypes to a repeatable and scalable manufacturing process
- You have prior start-up experience and have the ability to quickly adapt in fast-paced and ever-changing environments
- You have experience in leading and managing close-knit teams
LogicInk is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.