Senior Biosensor Scientist
LogicInk (http://logic.ink) in San Francisco, CA is looking for an exceptional Senior Biosensor Scientist interested in helping design and create a sensor wellbeing platform. Using a multi-disciplinary approach that combines, biology, chemistry, and materials science, LogicInk is developing bio-chemical signals that can be applied daily to increase your knowledge about your health and wellness – from UV dosage exposure and particles in the air we breathe, to the diverse microbiome that permeates our skin through the surfaces we touch.
The Senior Biosensor Scientist will be part of a rich intellectual and collaborative environment, located at the MBC BioLabs biotech incubator (previously QB3@953), and with additional access to nearby UCSF’s Mission Bay Campus core facilities. The successful candidate will be passionate about exploring new fields, enjoy inventing or integrating novel sensors into different form factors, working in a collaborative environment, and be interested in all aspects of prototyping and bringing deep tech enabled consumer products to market.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ph.D. or equivalent in biochemistry, biophysics, molecular biology, chemistry, bioengineering, or a related field.
- A successful candidate will be highly motivated, and willing to lead entire projects focused on new biosensor development, with continued growth opportunities as the company scales and develops its biosensor pipeline.
- Background in nucleic acid amplification techniques, cell free enzyme engineering, and synthetic biology.
- Proficient in a broad array of techniques such as PCR, RT-PCR, DNA / Protein preps, chemical conjugation, gels, chromatography, spectrometric techniques, (next-gen) sequencing, arrays etc
- A background in molecular design and molecular programming is advantageous (i.e. DNA nanotechnology, CRISPR-Cas systems, or protein design)
- A methodical approach to problem solving, including strict lab management practices and testing protocols.
- Prior scientific accomplishment with several peer-reviewed publications.
- Prior fellowships/grants and experience in writing grants, ideally through NIH and SBIR.
- Exceptional proficiency in English communication (both written and oral) and technical writing.
Additional Preferred Skill Sets
- Relevant experience in developing, testing, or validating the performance of consumer facing products.
- Relevant experience in transitioning from rapid iteration prototypes to a repeatable and scalable manufacturing process.
- Experience leading and managing close-knit teams.
Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
LogicInk is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.